Friday, October 30, 2009
WALLA WALLA — DeSales upset Liberty Christian in a five-game Southeast B South Division volleyball match at the Irish gym Thursday night.
The Irish won 18-25, 25-23, 25-18, 13-25 and 15-12 and improved their record to 4-6 in the South.
The Patriots dropped to 7-3 with the loss.
Caitlin Duncan led the Irish at the net with 17 kills and 13 blocks. Abby Larreau had three kills and 12 blocks.
Annie Higgins had three kills and one block.
Stephanie Ferrel and Claire Elmenhurst had three kills each.
Chantel Blanc passed out 15 assists and went 15-for-15 at the service line. Jamie Majerus served 14-for-14, and Amanda Warnick passed out eight assists.
"This was a big win for us," DeSales coach Lori Blanc said. "Our net play was great. We attacked and blocked great. That’s what we’ve been looking for up front, and hopefully we’ve got it now.
"We did not play a tentative match," she added. "We were aggressive and took control."
DeSales now advances to a 2 p.m. district match against Pomeroy on Thursday in Dayton.
Liberty Christian takes on Garfield-Palouse at 2 p.m. Thursday in Dayton.
More like this story
- Liberty-Christian downs DeSales 3-1
- Irish improve to 2-0 in Southeast 2B District play with win over Liberty Christian
- Duncan helps power Irish to league volleyball triumph over Waitsburg-Prescott
- Irish's fast start leads to volleyball defeat of Asotin
- PREP VOLLEYBALL — DeSales loses heartbreaker to L-C