Friday, December 10, 2010
WALLA WALLA -- Local medical professionals were recently recognized and honored at a Walla Walla Valley Medical Society annual awards banquet.
Dr. Peter Brooks, a retired surgeon and state legislator, was chosen for the society's Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to medicine at the local and state level. Brooks, 94, was surrounded by family and received a tribute by Dr. Ken Isaacs.
Dr. Alison Kirby, a pediatrician with Walla Walla Clinic, was selected for the 2010 Community Service Award for her work in helping area adolescents gain access to health care. Kirby is the volunteer medical director at Lincoln Health Center
The International Service Award went to Drs. Joseph Wujek, Jack Hoehn and Don and Shirley Ashley. The team did a two-week stint in Haiti for post-earthquake work in April.
Dr. Harvey Crowder, administrator for Walla Walla County Public Health Department, received the Public Health Award for leadership in many arenas of public health, primarily mass community vaccination work.
More like this story
- Walla Walla doctor wins national award for community leadership
- Retired judge, superintendent honored at Walla Walla Valley Chamber of Commerce banquet
- ETCETERA - Columbia County Fair Court wins 2 awards
- St. Mary Medical Center recognized for big strides in fighting infection
- Walla Walla chamber fetes community stalwarts