Friday, November 19, 2010
Council member are Kevin House, Orville Branson, Marty Dunn, Karl Newell and Scott Nettles. Mayor is Walt Gobel. With all present Wednesday the council:
- HEARINGS: Held public hearing on the 2011 proposed budget. There was no public comment.
- PROPERTY TAX: Approved resolution to increase 2011 property tax by 1 percent. Vote was 3-2 with Newell, House and Nettles voting yes and Branson and Dunn voting no.
- BMX TRACK: Decided to keep the BMX track at the present location on First Street. Greg and Tanya McVey proposed building a new track on city property near MacGregor's on the east side of town. Unanimous.
- FLOOD: Reviewed flood response plan.
- PAYMENT: Approved $17,175 payment to Alpine Industries for the Fairground Dike Project. Unanimous.
- MEETING FORMAT: Voted to change council meetings to once a month, on the third Wednesday. The next council meeting will be Dec. 15. Unanimous.