Saturday, September 25, 2010
ELGIN - Weston-McEwen's TigerScots volleyball won dual Blue Mountain Conference match-ups with Heppner and Stanfield.
The TigerScots defeated Heppner in five, 25-23, 18-25, 25-16 and 25-18.
"I was very pleased to get a win against Heppner," said Weston-McEwen coach Shawn White. "They are an excellent challenge and will be right near the top in the end."
W-M beat Stanfield in three, 25-12, 25-17 and 25-23.
The TigerScots are 3-0 in league and 13-1 overall.
Morgan Entze led the TigerScots with 27 kills, 13 assists and seven blocks. Jordan Reger tallied 38 assists, Tiffany Cain had 15 digs and 24 kills, Renee Baumann picked up 30 digs and 24 kills and Katy West added four blocks. Haley Freske contributed nine blocks and four kills, LeAnne Harnden scooped up 18 digs and Mckayla Carlin 11 digs.
Molly Von Borstel got five kills and four blocks.
Jaymie Zimmerman had six digs and was 39-of-40 serving with three aces.
The Lady TigerScots play at 6 p.m. Thursday at Enterprise.
More like this story
- PREP VOLLEYBALL — Weston-McEwen picks up trio of weekend wins
- Weston-McEwen makes it to the semifinals of the Power Tournament before falling to Heppner
- Weston-McEwen second at own volleyball tourney
- TigerScots impress in two volleyball victories
- W-M comes frome behind to beat Heppner, sweeps Stanfield