Thursday, February 17, 2011
The Presidents' Day holiday is Monday. The following closures or special hours or days of service will be in effect.
- OFFICE BUILDINGS: All federal, state and county offices will be closed. Walla Walla, College Place and Milton-Freewater city offices will be closed.
- POST OFFICES: Post offices will be closed and the only service will be express delivery.
- BANKS: All banks will be closed.
- SCHOOLS: Schools will be closed.
- LIQUOR STORES: Washington and Oregon liquor stores will be open.
- DEPT. OF LICENSING: The Department of Licensing office on Jade Street in Walla Walla will be closed Saturday. It will open again Tuesday.
- TRANSPORTATION: Valley Transit buses, Job Access and Dial-A-Ride will operate normal service.
- DAM CROSSINGS: Crossings on Lower Granite and Little Goose dams will be closed. The crossing on Lower Monumental dam is closed until March due to replacement of the downstream lock gate and other construction.
- LIBRARIES: The Walla Walla Public Library will be closed Monday. It will be open Saturday. The Milton-Freewater Public Library will be closed Saturday and Monday.
- GARBAGE: The city of Walla Walla and Milton-Freewater will collect Monday's garbage on Tuesday. Recycling pickup for Walla Walla residents will also be on Tuesday. Basin Disposal will collect on its regular schedule.
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY: The Union-Bulletin will publish. News, advertising and circulation offices will be closed. People should receive their paper by 5 p.m. Those who don't receive their paper should call the U-B circulation office, 525-3300, by 6 p.m.