Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Columbia County commissioners are Chuck Reeves, Dwight Robanske and Dick Jones. With all present Monday evening:
- PROSECUTOR: Authorized budget amendment requested by Prosecutor Rea Culwell. The amendment reflects Columbia County's taking over prosecution of felony drug cases, which previously were handed by Walla Walla County. Unanimous.
- WEATHERIZATION: Passed resolution supporting weatherization grant funding requested by Deborah Callahan of the Sustainable Living Center. Unanimous.
- LEGAL NOTICE: Discussed request from The Times newspaper for opportunity to bid on legal notice contract. The county will seek bids in April.
- LIQUOR LICENSE: Took no action meaning there were no objections to liquor license renewal applications by KOA at Lyons Ferry, and the Snake River Grill, both near Starbuck.
- MEETING DATE: Affirmed Wednesday as new meeting date for commission meetings beginning August 3.