Thursday, March 17, 2011
Council member are Kevin House, Orville Branson, Marty Dunn, Karl Newell and Scott Nettles. Mayor is Walt Gobel. With all present Wednesday the council:
- COWBOY POETRY: Gobel read proclamation for Cowboy Poetry Week April 17-24.
- SHERIFF: Heard update from Walla Walla County Sheriff John Turner and Capt. Barry Blackman. They told the council about changes in the Sheriff's office.
- BIKE RACE: Passed resolution supporting Tour of Walla Walla bike race to use Waitsburg streets April 15 and 17. Unanimous.
- BMX TRACK: Tabled discussion of removal of current BMX track site on First Street. Unanimous.
- IRRIGATION: Authorized purchase of materials needed to hang flower baskets on Main Street. The project will be funded by a grant from Cycle Oregon. The baskets will be watered by hand with a backpack pump and wand. Unanimous.
- LOAN: Passed resolution to transfer money from the water and sewer bond redemption fund to the public works fund to purchase a backhoe. Unanimous.
- OVERAGE RATE: Approved ordinance for utility overage rate adjustment. Unanimous.