Wednesday, November 9, 2011
The Veterans Day holiday is Friday. The following closures or special hours or days of service will be in effect.
- OFFICE BUILDINGS: All federal, state and county offices in Washington and Oregon will be closed. Walla Walla, College Place and Milton-Freewater city offices will be closed. Walla Walla County offices will also be closed Monday for final scheduled furlough day.
- POST OFFICES: Post offices will be closed and the only service will be express delivery.
- BANKS: All banks will be closed.
- SCHOOLS: Schools will be closed.
- LIQUOR STORES: Washington and Oregon liquor stores will be open.
- DEPT. OF LICENSING: The Department of Licensing office on Jade Street in Walla Walla will be closed. It will open again Saturday.
- TRANSPORTATION: Valley Transit buses and the Job Access program will operate normal service.
- DAM CROSSINGS: The crossing on Lower Granite Dam near Pomeroy will be open. Crossings on Little Goose and Lower Monumental dams will be closed.
- LIBRARIES: The Walla Walla Public Library will be closed Friday and reopen Saturday. The Milton-Freewater Public Library will be closed Friday and Saturday.
- GARBAGE: The city of Walla Walla and city of Milton-Freewater will collect Friday's garbage on Monday. Recycling pickup for Walla Walla residents will be on same schedule. Basin Disposal will collect on its regular schedule.
- NEWSPAPER DELIVERY: The Union-Bulletin will publish and news, advertising and circulation offices will be open. People should receive their paper by 5 p.m. Those who don't receive their paper should call the U-B circulation office, 525-3300, by 6 p.m.