Friday, October 7, 2011
RICHLAND - DeSales overcame a first-set loss to hand Liberty Christian a four-set Southeast 2B defeat here Thursday, 22-25, 25-18, 25-15, 25-23.
Abby Larreau had 19 kills, five blocks and was 23-for-23 serving with two aces for the Irish.
Stephanie Ferrel put up seven kills and was 16-for-16 serving with an ace and 25 digs, Annie Higgins had seven kills and was 12-for-12 serving with an ace and 21 digs.
Jade Donnely recorded a kill, Claire Conley had three kills, Alex Buley was 17-for-17 serving, and Chantel tallied 29 assists.
"We started a little slow again," DeSales coach Lori Blanc said. "It's good to see them able to mentally battle back when they're down. We were down by eight in game four, and we were able to pull it out. That's a big accomplishment."
The Irish, now 6-2 in SE2B play, next host Asotin at 6 p.m. Thursday.
Pioneers start slow, can't gain ground against Baker Bulldogs
More like this story
- DeSales bounces back, past Dayton in volleyball matchup
- Irish sweep Pirates, focus on Panthers in District
- PREP VOLLEYBALL — DeSales dominates Tri-Cities Prep
- DeSales rides big win over Liberty Christian into next week's district volleyball tournament
- PREP VOLLEYBALL — DeSales, Dayton net wins, meet Saturday