Thursday, October 20, 2011
BAKER CITY, Ore. - Days after earning their first Greater Oregon League victory, the Mac-Hi Pioneers fell in three sets to Baker, 25-11, 25-12 and 25-20.
"It was rough," Mac-Hi coach Kaila Rodighiero said. "It wasn't the team that played on Saturday (at Ontario). We didn't seem as focused or as intense, so I changed the lineup a lot in the third game and we came a lot closer.
"They just weren't disciplined," she said.
Rodighiero said the changes involved both who played and where people played and that practice would determine if the changes would stick.
Hayley Freske led the way for the Pioneers with two kills and two blocks while going 8-for-9 in service. Mackenzie Fite was 8-for-8 from the back stripe and Megan Reed had two kills.
The Pioneers fell to 1-6 in the GOL with the loss and will face Ontario Saturday at 2 p.m.
More like this story
- Pioneers start slow, can't gain ground against Baker Bulldogs
- Mac-Hi sweeps Ontario for first win of the season
- Baker hands Pioneers GOL volleyball loss
- La Grande wins Greater Oregon League match with Pioneers in three
- PREP VOLLEYBALL — Baker takes three-set Greater Oregon League match from Pioneers