Saturday, December 8, 2012
I see U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has aligned herself and given Speaker of the House John Boehner another vote where he promptly, with McMorris Rodgers' vote, removed several conservatives from prominent committees.
The decisions were made by the GOP steering committee, which used a spreadsheet on how often he or she voted with leadership. In my opinion she has joined Boehner in the betrayal of the very important conservative movement.
And so I highly question her allegiance to the conservatism needed to save our country during the government-caused crisis. I believe this was a consolidation of power grab by both Boehner and Rodgers. And just more self-seeking action in a time when the last thing a person who was hired to uphold and protect the country would or should do.
Nothing Boehner has done with the ball in his court has either inspired me or given me any confidence. And now our own has sided with this weakling.
More like this story
- McMorris Rodgers to give GOP response to Obama address
- McMorris Rodgers may eye promotion in wake of Eric Cantor’s defeat
- Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers supports small businesses
- Demonstration at McMorris Rodgers' office in Spokane ends with arrests
- McMorris Rodgers a fiery leader of GOP shutdown fight