Thursday, February 9, 2012
One man's opinion to wit:
In the following chapters and verses of the Bible the status of marriage is set by God's own words. The creation of man and woman, the institution of marriage.
Chapters in Genesis, Chapter 1:27-28, Chapter 2:7 then 20-24, Chapter 4:1-2.
As stated in the beginning, God created man and woman. God blessed Adam and Eve and they became as one and with God's blessing they were to become fruitful and multiply. So from the beginning it takes male and female to procreate.
Now if two men or two women can prove to me they can procreate without the aid of the other sex, then they could possibly claim marriage status.
However, true marriage is a union between a man and a woman. Therefore there is no legal or biblical status for a union between two people of the same sex.
If you wish to have or live that lifestyle do so, but stop trying to claim the rights of those that choose to live by the legal and moral standards set down by God and man.
It also seems our politicians don't have the guts to stand up for what's morally right or defend the moral values this nation was built on.
Rex Miller Sr.
More like this story
- PASTOR COLUMN - Marriage was instituted by God; man can't alter it
- Letters To The Editor - Walsh wrong to support gay marriage
- Letters To The Editor - What about Bible's definition of marriage?
- Letters To The Editor - History defines 'marriage' as between man, woman
- R-74 should be 'rejected' by voters