Friday, July 20, 2012
Walla Walla Liquid nitrogen ice cream could be a subject of great interest to children at the Whitman Reads summer program at 2 p.m. July 26 at the Walla Walla Public Library, 238 E. Alder St.
Mary Burt, science outreach coordinator from Whitman College, will teach about solids, liquids and gases.
There will be a hands-on part of the presentation, where participants can make their own ice cream by freezing it with liquid nitrogen.
The program is free. For more information, call 509-527-4550.
More like this story
- Walla Walla Library's next Whitman Reads for children looks to be a gas
- Education, community outreach converge at Walla Walla library
- OMSI immerses Grove students in world of science
- Walla Walla public library to hold Spiderwick Day Tuesday
- ‘Hilarious’ science, magic show set at Walla Walla Public Library (with video)