Bruce Museum open to public


WAITSBURG -- William Perry and Carolyn Bruce of Waitsburg built their American foursquare-style mansion at 318 Main St. in 1883.

The eight-room house, now Bruce Memorial Museum, is being restored and is completely furnished with period pieces. Bruce House hosts its Pioneer Fall Festival on the third Sunday in September.

It is open to visitors from 1-4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays through August. There is no admission fee and donations are welcome. Tours are also available by appointment. Call 337-6157 or 337-6632 for details. Annual memberships in the Waitsburg Historical Society benefit continued restoration.


Log in to comment