Friday, June 22, 2012
Members of the Dayton School Board are David Bailey, Steve Martin, Marchand Hovrud, Tamara Fritze and Joe Huether. With Bailey absent Wednesday, the board:
- Donations: Approved donations from TruFab LLC ($250) for the robotics program; and Kiwanis ($500) and Seneca Foods ($100) for FBLA. Unanimous.
- Resignations: Accepted resignation from Lisa Benzel, high school assistant volleyball coach. Unanimous.
- Reports: Received written reports from superintendent regarding preliminary budget, co-curricular financial support, HVAC maintenance contract and Teacher/Principle Evaluation Program grant.
- Administrative Contracts: Approved contracts with superintendent and both principals. Unanimous.
- Athletics Association: Approved resolution for one-year agreement with WIAA.
- Executive Session: Entered into executive session to discuss pending litigation and to discuss negotiations.
- Risk Management: Approved Joint Representation Agreement for Claim #11-27-28 from Southeast Washington Risk Management Pool. With Martin recusing himself, vote was 3-0 in favor.