Wednesday, November 21, 2012
The Downtown Walla Walla Foundation is putting out the call for pastry chefs of all levels and talents for its sixth annual Gingerbread House Competition.
The delicious dwellings will be judged by the public through donations that will benefit the YWCA Domestic Violence Shelter.
Entries will be accepted for both amateur and professional categories. Entry forms are due Nov. 30. Gingerbread houses will be on display Dec. 3-28 at the Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center. Visitors will vote for their favorite by donating money, which will go toward housing women and children in crisis through the YWCA.
The winner of the professional entry will receive a trophy to display throughout the year. The winning amateur entry will receive dinner for two at The Marc.
Entry forms can be downloaded at downtownwallawalla.com or can be sent via email for those who call the downtown foundation office, 529-8755.
More like this story
- Calling all pastry chefs for competition
- Gingerbread House contest to raise funds for homeless
- MARQUEE - Fundraiser features tasteful - and - tasty architecture
- ETCETERA - Milton-Freewater drive yields boxes brimming with food, Christmas spirit
- Annual parade of lights to brighten Main Street on Dec. 4