4th season of 'Downton Abbey' confirmed

Advertisement

Fourth season of ‘Downton Abbey’ confirmed

LONDON — British television channel ITV has confirmed that hit drama “Downton Abbey” will return for a fourth season.

Among its lead actors are Michelle Dockery and Dan Stevens.

Filming of eight new episodes for the award-winning period series will begin in southern England’s Highclere Castle and London’s Ealing Studios early next year.

ITV said Friday that as before, the opening and closing episodes will be feature-length, and that the series will continue the story of the Crawley family and their servants in the 1920s.

The channel said that an extended special episode for next Christmas is also planned. “Downton Abbey” has won fans worldwide and an average of 11.9 million viewers in Britain watched its third season, which will premiere in the U.S. on PBS in January.

Halle Berry’s ex arrested after fight at her house

LOS ANGELES — Halle Berry’s ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry was arrested for investigation of battery Thursday after he and the Oscar-winning actress’s current boyfriend got into a fight at her Hollywood Hills home, police said.

Aubry, 37, was booked for investigation of a battery, a misdemeanor, and released on $20,000 bail, according to online jail records. He’s scheduled to appear in court Dec. 13.

Aubry came to Berry’s house Thanksgiving morning and police responded to a report of an assault, said Los Angeles Police Officer Julie Boyer.

Aubry was injured in the altercation and was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.

Emails sent to Berry’s publicist, Meredith O’Sullivan, and Aubry’s family law attorney, Gary Fishbein, were not immediately returned.

Berry and Aubry have been involved in a custody dispute involving their 4-year-old daughter, Nahla.

‘Big Bang’ star Bialik, husband of 9 years to divorce

LOS ANGELES — Mayim Bialik is splitting from her husband of nine years.

The 36-year-old actress says in a statement posted online Wednesday that she and husband Michael Stone have decided to divorce. The couple has two young sons.

Bialik recently released a book about attachment parenting, but says the philosophy that encourages forming close bonds with near-constant physical contact played no role in the couple’s split.

The Emmy-nominated star of CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” says “relationships are complicated no matter what style of parenting you choose.”

She says divorce is “terribly sad, painful and incomprehensible” for children and adds that the couple’s sons remain their priority.

Bialik first gained fame as the star of the 1990s sitcom “Blossom.”

She holds a doctoral degree in neuroscience from UCLA, specializing in obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescents.

Singer comes to aid of Dominican orphanage

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic — Singer Marc Anthony is coming to the aid of an orphanage in the Dominican Republic.

A foundation run by Anthony with music and sports producer Henry Cardenas plans to build a new residence hall, classrooms and a baseball field for the Children of Christ orphanage in the eastern city of La Romana.

Anthony attended the groundbreaking ceremony Friday with his model girlfriend Shannon de Lima.

Children of Christ Foundation Director Sonia Hane said Anthony visited the orphanage previously and decided to help. His Maestro Cares Foundation raised $200,000 for the expansion on land donated by a sugar company. The orphanage was founded in 1996 for children who were abused or abandoned or whose parents were unable to care for them.

Advertisement

Log in to comment