Thursday, November 29, 2012
Information is compiled by the Union-Bulletin staff from the official logs and records of the agencies listed below. Readers with any information on these or other crimes should call the local police or county sheriff’s department. By law, victims of crimes may request through law enforcement agencies that their names not be released to the media. Theft and vandalism reports were filed Wednesday and today unless otherwise noted.
- 400 block of South Wilbur Street. A backpack containing high-heel shoes, prescription medication, $36 cash and diapers reported stolen from vehicle.
WW County Sheriff
- 600 block of East Sixth Street, Waitsburg. Two vehicle prowls reported: nothing reported stolen, despite numerous valuable in vehicles.
- Waitsburg Grocery, 200 Main Street, Waitsburg. Attempted burglary reported: suspects unknown reportedly attempted to kick in rear door of store.
- 1700 block of Highland Road. Forced entry burglary: portable heater reported stolen.
- 1100 block of Fern Avenue. Digital camera and $8 in change reported stolen from residence: other valuables, including guns, left untouched.
- 300 block of Catherine Street, Wednesday. A woman reported she was groped by an intoxicated man, Tuesday.
- Chestnut and Chase streets, 12:57 p.m., Tuesday. Rear-end collision: no injuries reported.
- Broadway and Elizabeth streets, 10:22 a.m., Wednesday. Two vehicle collision: no injuries reported.
- Columbia and Broadway streets, 6:01 p.m., Wednesday. Two vehicle collision: no injuries reported.
Fire, Ambulance runs
WW Fire Dist. 4
- U.S. Highway 12, east of Airport Road, 7:54 p.m., Wednesday. One vehicle collision: one person transported to local hospital.
CP Fire Dept.
- Walla Walla University, 200 S.E. Ash Ave., 2:18 p.m. Wednesday. Burning cookies in college dorm. There were no injuries or damage reported: cookies ruined.