Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Information is compiled by the Union-Bulletin staff from the official logs and records of the agencies listed below. Readers with any information on these or other crimes should call the local police or county sheriff’s department. By law, victims of crimes may request through law enforcement agencies that their names not be released to the media. Theft and vandalism reports were filed Tuesday and today unless otherwise noted.
- Lions Gate Apartments, 2222 Isaacs Ave. An iPod, prescription sunglasses and a 1,000-yard range finder reported stolen from vehicle.
- 1500 block of Hobson Street. A 1978 Itasca motorhome reported stolen.
Columbia County Sheriff
- 400 block of Main Street, Starbuck. Theft from soda machine.
WW County Sheriff
- Juan C. Delarosa, 25, 1029 Willow Street, Tuesday. Charge: investigation of possession of heroin. Delarosa was arrested after police spotted him attempting to sell a digital scale to another man in an alley near Ninth Avenue.
- Isaacs Avenue, Tuesday. Deputies arrested a 22-year-old motorist on a warrant after the man nearly struck a patrol car.
- 900 block of South Main Street. Wallet reported stolen.
- Alder Street and 11th Avenue. Police “detained” a 38-year-old woman for her own safety after reports of the woman dancing in the busy intersection. The woman was transported to a local hospital for medical evaluation.