Thursday, March 7, 2013
Whitman Mission National Historic Site today announced the Visitor Center hours, pending continued congressional appropriations.
The Visitor Center winter hours are daily from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Beginning the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 25, hours will be 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on Sundays and Mondays and 9 a.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesdays–Saturdays. These hours will extend through Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2.
Park rangers will present programs throughout the day with special Saturday evening programs June through August.
Whitman Mission is located 7 miles west of Walla Walla off Highway 12.
A visitor to the park may view a 25-minute movie, visit the museum, take a self-guided tour of the mission grounds and enjoy a presentation by a park ranger.
Visitor information may be obtained any time by calling 509-529-2761, by visiting the park website at www.nps.gov/whmi/, or following Whitman Mission National Historic Site on Facebook.
More like this story
- Historical figure, new films planned at Whitman Mission
- Learn how to start a fire like a pioneer at Whitman Mission
- Bird walk set for Tuesday at Whitman Mission historical site
- Lives of missionary, voyageur to be highlighted at Whitman Mission
- Whitman Mission will host American Indian dancing, craft activities