Thursday, March 14, 2013
Information is compiled by the Union-Bulletin staff from the official logs and records of the agencies listed below. Readers with any information on these or other crimes should call the local police or county sheriff’s department. By law, victims of crimes may request through law enforcement agencies that their names not be released to the media. Theft and vandalism reports were filed Wednesday and today, unless otherwise noted
- Safeway, 215 E. Rose St. Police arrested a 27-year-old man for shoplifting $64 of whiskey.
- 200 block of Catherine Street. Keys reportedly stolen.
- Alysa M. Martinez, 19, 1305 W. Pine St., this morning. Charge: investigation of driving while intoxicated and possession of a stolen vehicle.
Juvenile Justice Center
- Juvenile Justice Center staff arrested a 13-year-old for possession of two marijuana smoking pipes.
Fire, Ambulance runs
M-F Fire Dept.
- 405 N.E. Fifth Avenue, 2:30 p.m., Wednesday. Mobile home fire: unknown cause. No injuries reported.
- Mike Anderson Storage, 510 N. Palouse St. Graffiti.
- 400 block of North Fifth Avenue. While arresting Alysa Martinez, 19, on investigation of driving while intoxicated, police discovered the 1992 Toyota minivan she was driving had been reported stolen.
- 1200 block of Boyer Avenue. Police, while assisting the Walla Walla County Sheriff’s Office serve an unrelated warrant, arrested a 40-year-old man on investigation of possession of drug paraphernalia after they discovered him hiding in a closet. Police found the man with a pipe and a needle, both of which are believed to contain methamphetamine.
WW County Sheriff
- Walla Walla County Jail, 300 W. Alder St. A 35-year-old, unemployed teacher turned herself in on an outstanding warrant from 2010 for first-degree theft and identity theft. According to documents presented in court this morning, Stephanie R. Warner had acquired more than $20,000 in student loans under a false name.