Sunday, September 1, 2013
UMATILLA — The Weston-McEwen volleyball team dominated its four opponents in the Umatilla Viking Jamboree here Friday.
W-M won in all four single-set matches. The TigerScots beat Riverside 25-13, beat the host Vikings and Heppner by identical scores of 25-18 and pummeled Stanfield 25-5.
The TigerScost did well on serve-receive with 20 perfect passes and served 46-for-48 with 16 aces.
Taryn Coffman made 26 assists.
Taylor Rudolph was 19-for-20 serving with three aces and Molly vonBorstel added 13 digs to go with seven aces.
Melanie Sederburg had eight kills and Keegan Shepard contributed six while Lacey Kuehn had four.
“I was pleased with how we held it together on a tough night hitting,” W-M coach Shawn White said. “We made up for it serving and with our serve receives.”
Natalie Arnold had 10 digs was a perfect 15-15 serving with three aces.
The TigerScots play again Thursday at Cove at 7 p.m.
More like this story
- TigerScots volleyball nab dual wins
- Weston-McEwen makes it to the semifinals of the Power Tournament before falling to Heppner
- TigerScot volleyball team takes Grant Union Invitational
- PREP VOLLEYBALL - Weston-McEwen girls second in Power Volleyball Tourney
- $n$ Weston-McEwen wins fourth Blue Mountain Conference match