Sunday, February 23, 2014
Shame on county Commissioner Greg Tompkins for using the term “glorified secretary” to describe the position of the sheriff’s chief administrative deputy! (Sheriff John Turner’s guest column, Feb. 16).
He managed to demean both the Sheriff’s Office position and all of the people who provide administrative support to many offices and businesses in Walla Walla.
I think it is time for him to receive some training that will bring him into the 21st century with regards to the treatment of women and men in the workforce. I suggest that we all remember his comments when it next comes time to vote for a commissioner from his district.
More like this story
- Sheriff's Office reorganization to be revisited after legal hurdle found
- Sheriff explains his plan to reorganize administrative staff
- Walla Walla County OK’s sheriff’s reorganization plan
- Top deputy files gender, equal pay action against county
- Walla Walla County sheriff's reorganization plan OK'd; pay raise nixed